Saturday, November 21, 2015

Creating "Unleashed"

     I sketched. I painted. I looked to the book of Revelation, chapter 6, for inspiration. When I had created the painting Unleashed, I had to think of four compositions, one for each horse. I was faced with several composition difficulties. But within those difficulties, which I overcame, mysterious occurrences started happening. I painted a black sky above the white horse's head so that it would stand out. I felt something was missing, so I decided to paint the stars. I went on feeling--I needed a star here, a star there. I had stepped back and had noticed a constellation of an arrow above the white horse's head.

     There was a time, while painting the white horse, that my hurt of loosing my mom, due to cancer, turned to anger towards God. Why didn't He heal her from her cancer and spare me the feeling of this loss? Through my anger, my skills to paint seemed to disappeared. I had made a mistake on the white horse's eye and no matter what I did, the mistake only seemed to get worse. But once I had came to my senses and asked God to forgive me, my skills seemed to return. I had the idea to paint the world in the white horse's eye. But the eye was too small. So I wiped away the paint and to my surprise, the eye that emerged from the smeared paint showed emotion and life. It was even better than the previous eye.

     One third of the stars falling from the sky, that springs forth from the white horse's mane, were unintentional. While painting, I was only dealing with a composition dilemma. No matter what I did, the white horse looked unfinished. I decided to have the white horse's mane flow from it's neck, to give it a majestic look, and I knew that I needed to paint the stars from Revelations 12:4.  It wasn't until after the pastor at my church gave a sermon about the antichrist and the mark of the beast that it all became clear. The stars from the white horse's mane would reflect the fall of the devil and 1/3 of the angels who went with him. The devil is also the one behind the antichrist. 

     It was recently revealed to me, when writing my artist bio., that there are some significant numbers associated with my painting. I have been painting for six years. Unleashed is my sixth painting. The reference that I had used is Revelation 6. Knowing this gave me the chills and I wanted to know what the probability was that these numbers lining up. Based on what I learned from my Business Statistic's class, the probability is less than 1%. Each year has the same probability of occurrence, or 1/6. The number that the painting would be also has the same probability of occurrence, again 1/6. The subject of the painting that I would choose is also 1/6. The probability of this happening at random is 0.004657 (1/6 x 1/6 x 1/6).

     The number of stars above the white horse's head, that forms the arrow is seven. The number of seals in Revelation 6 is also seven.Was God behind my painting? Did He give me direction as to what to do and where to place my brush? I believe that it is possible....but I cannot say with absolute certainty.....


No comments:

Post a Comment